Wherever abrasive, aggressive and toxic fluids and slurries are conveyed, hermetically sealed, oscillating displacement pumps are used. Even for extreme operating temperatures and heterogeneous mixtures with high solids content, piston diaphragm pumps turn out to be the best pump technology for numerous applications. The advanced, unique, patented MULTISAFE® technology with the hermetically sealed, redundant double hose-diaphragm system guarantees a doubly secured transport of critical and environmentally hazardous fluids.
Double Hose-Diaphragm Pumps
Technical Data & Characteristics:
- Delivery rate: 0.1 up to 5,000 m³/h (0.44 up to 22,014 gpm)
- Delivery head: up to 3,500 m (11,483 ft)
- Pressure: up to 350 bar (5,076 psi)
- Viscosity: 0.1 up to 10,000 mPas
- Temperature: -20 up to +200 °C (-4 up to +392 °F)
- pH-value: 0 – 14
- Gases: up to 10 %
- Solids: up to 80 % (max. 20 mm)
- Installation: horizontal
- API 675 standard available
- Hygienic design available
- Drive: electro, diesel, hydraulic
The basic pump technology of double hose-diaphragm pumps are piston diaphragm pumps. So they are oscillating positive displacement pumps, whose diaphragms are actuated by an oscillating piston or plunger via a hydraulic liquid. During the backward movement of the piston or plunger (suction stroke), liquid flows into the pump chamber through the open suction valve. The forward movement of the piston or plunger (discharge stroke) fully activates the diaphragm. The subsequent pressure increase closes the suction valve, opens the discharge valve and the fluid is transported out of the pump chamber.
The double hose-diaphragm pump as a consistent further development of the piston diaphragm pump is a hermetically sealed, leak-proof, oscillating displacement pump with double sealing of the wet end from the hydraulic drive end and the environment by means of two hose-diaphragms, which are arranged one inside the other. The liquid is conveyed through the pump in a linear flow path, fully enclosed by the hose-diaphragms ensuring that the liquid is in contact with the hose-diaphragm and the check valves only. Hence, erosion and corrosion are minimized to the maximum possible extend.
- minimized number of medium-wetted parts
- highest process security and reliability
- broad material selection available, even FDA-conform
- maximum availability
- linear flow path through the hose-diaphragms
- precisely controllable flow
Technical Features & Characteristics
- efficient – efficiency factor >90 %
- safe – hermetically sealed separation of medium and drive end
- environmentally friendly – water and energy saving
- overall diagnostic systems for permanent monitoring (Industry 4.0)
Their great focus on operational safety makes double hose-diaphragm pumps the ideal unit for conveying abrasive, aggressive, and toxic media, environmentally hazardous media and heterogeneous mixtures and sludges. Areas of application for these pumps are above all industries where safety plays a large role:
• Chemical industry
• Oil & Gas
• Food & Pharmacy
• Energy sector
• Waste Treatment
Especially their capability to handle high solid contents also with large partile sizes predestine them for applications with nealry every type of sludges. In combination with the special safety of the double hose they are ideally suited for precise handling of challenging fluids in mining or food and pharmacy industry, partially also due to their hygienic design.
Does your application require a particularly safe and powerful pump? Then the double hose-diaphragm pump could be exactly the right pump for you!
Feel free to submit your non-binding inquiry for a detailed review by our specialist.